The Katharine Briggs Award 2015: Shortlisted entries
The following books, in alphabetical order, have been shortlisted for this year’s Katharine Briggs Award. The judges’ decision will be announced at a wine reception and buffet supper on Wednesday 18 November following our annual Katharine Briggs Lecture starting at 6.30 p.m. at The Warburg Institute. To book, contact [email protected].
- Atkinson, David, and Steve Roud (eds). Street Ballads in Nineteenth-Century Britain, Ireland and North America: The Interface between Print and Oral Traditions (Ashgate).
- Banks, Stephen. Informal Justice in England and Wales, 1760–1914: The Courts of Popular Opinion (The Boydell Press).
- Clarke, David. How UFOs Conquered the World: The History of a Modern Myth (Aurum Press).
- Jenkins, Richard. Black Magic and Bogeymen: Fear, Rumour and Popular Belief in the North of Ireland, 1972-74 (Cork University Press).
- Salzberg, Rosa. Ephemeral City: Cheap Print and Urban Culture in Renaissance Venice (Manchester University Press).
- Scurr, Ruth. John Aubrey: My Own Life (Chatto & Windus).
- Teverson, Andrew, Alexandra Warwick, and Leigh Wilson (eds). The Selected Works of Andrew Lang (2 vols.) (Edinburgh University Press).
- Warner, Marina. Once Upon a Time: A Short History of Fairy Tale (Oxford University Press).