Boundaries & Thresholds£ 12.00 + postage and packing. Contact us to place your order.
Papers from a colloquium of The Katharine Briggs Club at Maddingley Hall near Cambridge, April 1991.
- Hilda Ellis Davidson, Introduction;
- Alan W. Smith, Crossing the Other Line: Some Arctic Analogues of the Traditional Equator Ceremony;
- Patricia Lysaght, Beataine: Irish Maytime Customs and the Reaffirmation of Boundaries;
- Samuel Pyeatt Menefee, Megalithic Movement: A Study of Thresholds in Time;
- Juliette Wood, Another Island Close at Hand: The Irish Immramma and the Travelogue;
- J.R. Porter, Thresholds in the Old Testament;
- Theo Brown, Tom Pearce’s Grey Mare: A Boundary Image;
- Karin Kvideland, Boundaries and the Sin-Eater;
- Ruth Richardson, Death’s Door: Thresholds and boundaries in British Funeral.